Physical Address: 145 Rhone Street, Friday Harbor, WA 98250
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 607, Friday Harbor, WA 98250
Phone: (360) 378-4474 Fax: (360) 378-7036
Mission Statement: To promote, protect and preserve with dignity the health and well-being of the people and communities of San Juan County
Organization Type: Public Government County
Divisions: Community Health Services, Senior Services, Human Services, Environmental Health Services, Administrative Services.
Countywide Services Provided by the Community Health Services Division:
- Women, Infant & Children (WIC) Nutritional Program – nutritional services and support for pregnant and postpartum women, children up to age five and their families. Eligible families must be under 185% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- First Steps Maternity Support Services and Infant Case Management – provides nursing, mental health and nutritional services to Medicaid-enrolled pregnant women and their infants, via in-office and home visits.
- Newborn Outreach – home visiting program providing parenting education and support to all families with newborns in San Juan County. Provide information and referral, parenting support, breastfeeding counseling and support.
- Breastfeeding & Lactation Support Services – 24-hour on-call breastfeeding and lactation support services for pregnant and postpartum women.
- Health Insurance and Access to Care – provide assistance with insurance enrollment for adults and children, including enrollment in Medicaid/Apple Health Program. Provide referrals to health care providers.
- Immunization Services – provide pediatric and adult immunizations, education, consult and support, and immunization clinics. Coordinate the Vaccines for Children (VFC) program for San Juan County, a State-supplied vaccine program for children program for providers in San Juan County.
- Children with Special Health Care Needs / Early Intervention & Support for Infants and Toddlers with Special Health Care Needs (ESIT) – provide home visits, assessment, information, support and referrals for families of children birth to three years who have developmental delays or disabilities.
- Early Childhood Education: Assistance Program (ECEAP) –provide coordination of preschool services for low-income or at-risk children and families. Includes nutrition, health, education and family support services to families on Orcas and Lopez islands.
- School Nursing Services – provided to Shaw School District.
- SafeCare Home Parent Education & Support Program – home visiting program for families to provide intensive health parenting education and support.
- SNAP-Ed – Community level program to improve fruit and vegetable consumption; increase physical activity for food stamp eligible individuals and families.
- Oral Health: Access to Baby and Child Dentistry (ABCD) Program – provide oral health education and support, referrals to Medicaid dentistry services; provide fluoride varnishes to pediatric clients.
- TB & Pregnancy Testing.
- Communicable Disease Investigation and Surveillance.
- Community and Professional Education Wellness Programs – provide periodic community education on topics including: childhood adversity, vaccination education, nutrition and wellness education and support.
- Care Coordination, Information, Assistance and Referrals: Child care consulting, recognition and referral for family violence services, health and mental health services, financial support and law and justice referrals, parenting support and education.